[Dailydrool] King George E Grunt November 2, 2001-October 18, 2016

Kay Jordan via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Oct 18 15:34:58 PDT 2016

King George made his way to the bridgetoday. His health had been declining and he was in a great deal ofpain.
He leaves behind his loving heartbrokenmommy, his stubborn daddy (he might be part basset hound), his twolegged brudder and his four legged brudder and his 3 four leggedsisters. Numerous furends and aunties and uncles. All of whom heloved dearly.
King George was 14y 11 mos 16 days old. He had been with us since he was6 weeks old. A result of a backyard breeder. Before we knew what abad thing it was. He was a tiny little thing with a big attitude. Hebecame his mom's best friend and mom became his best friend.
He went to lots of basset hound eventsand raise lots of moola. He has traveled to Michigan, New Jersey,Maryland, Florida and Illinois. And of course all over Texas! He wascrowned King in 2005 at the now defunct Michigan Basset Hound Rescuewaddle. He has also been to Canada where he visited Niagara Fallswith his most beautiful furend and PW Annie of Ohio. Don't worry theyhad chaperones.
He was bestest furends with King Bobthe Dog and did get to meet him at the Michigan waddle in 2006. KingBob preceded George to the bridge as did his beloved PW Annie and hisfurends PW LilyGurl, and PW Boey Anne. Also his sister Bessie, Daisyand brothers Scooter, Max and Brutus. There is going to be quite thereunion at the bridge.
George loved Christmas, he was great atopening presents. He loved to wait until I came in the house when Igot home from work, he would go grab a toy and then run and jump onthe bed. He loved for you to try and take the toy away and he wouldmove his head back and forth so you couldn't reach it.
He loved loved loved belly rubs. Heloved McDonalds double cheeseburgers. He refused to eat dog food onthe road when we went to an event so he got chicken or cheeseburgersand sometimes even steak! Then once we got back home he would goright back to eating like he was supposed to.
He had me wrapped around that big oldpaw the first time I laid eyes on him. I will love him beyond the endof time. He is my heart. He is my breath. He was the first one I sawwhen I came home from work. He was the last one I kissed goodbye whenI left in the mornings. He was the reason I woke up. He slept rightby my side for 14 years. How am I supposed to sleep now?
I love you George.
Mommy
georgeegrunt at gmail.com