[Dailydrool] Spleen tumors

Laura Salmon via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Oct 22 09:36:46 PDT 2016

Hi Nancy,

Molly bloated about two months ago and when the vet opened her up he found her spleen had two tumors on it.  I asked him to remove the spleen and tack her stomach.  He also noticed a few small spots on her liver.  She had a rough couple of days but has made an amazing recovery.  She's between 14 and 15, and has a Grade 2-3 heart murmur as well.  We didn't biopsy the tumor or the liver spots -- I wouldn't do chemo on an elderly dog.  She's happy, eating, and that's what matters.  When that changes we'll make a different decision.

I would definitely have had the spleen removed even if we found the tumors a different way because bleeding to death internally isn't an option I would want for her and outweighed the negatives of surgery on an old dog with a heart murmur.

Lots of love and healing drool to your baby.  Laura

laurarsalmon at gmail.com