[Dailydrool] Spleen Surgery

Connie Moen via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Oct 22 13:42:59 PDT 2016

On 9/27 Molly Mae would not eat and she has Chronic Pancreatitis so we took
her to the vet - it wasn't the Pancreatitis the X-Ray shows the spleen with
a possible mass on it.  Our Vet didn't feel comfortable doing the surgery
and wanted us to go to the Emergency Vet Clinic in Vegas.  They took an
ultra-sound it showed a very large mass on the Spleen.  The Emergency Vet
and our Vet thought for sure because of her age (10) it would be cancer.  I
told them to go ahead with the surgery.   It was the spleen which had a
pool of blood around it - they removed the slpeen, the mass and a sample of
her liver.  About 12 days later the results came back - no cancer in the
liver, the spleen nor the mass.  Everyone was surprised.  Molly Mae is home
and after a few days of not eating much, she is back to normal and as both
the vets said - should live our her normal life span.

I am not recommending for or against the surgery - just wanted you to hear
what happened with Molly just last month.

Connie & the Vegas Girls
two.bassets at gmail.com