[Dailydrool] Advice and comments on spleenectomies

via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Oct 23 16:45:02 PDT 2016

I think I caused some confusion with my previous post. It is Bailey that has the 2-3rd grade heart murmur and enlarged thicken spleen. She just turned 9 Sept 5th. I appreciate all input I have had and we are still reeling from the vets news. On Oct 8 we helped our Daisy to the bridge after finding out 2 weeks before she had a tumor on her liver and her intestines had adhered to it.
We are still taking it all in. From what I have heard there has been good results after having the spleen removed especially if it is not cancerous or not spread.
We do have a very good emergency medical center for animals here that I plan on contacting. Our vet is great but I don't think she has a lot of experience with these things. Also Bev made a good point of having a radiologist read the x ray and ultrasound. Like I said I'm just in a state of shock on the heels of losing Daisy to my healthy bull moose Bailey being given this diagnosis.
Please continue with the input it certainly has been helpful.
On another topic to the drooler whose baby has quit eating due to sickness (I believe mass also) see if your vet will give you some reglan for nausea. Daisy wanted to eat but when you put the food in front of her she would turn her head like it made her sick to her stomach. After the reglan she could eat some. I was feeding her crustless quiche ( 5 eggs, cheese and ham baked in the oven). My heart goes out to you, its hard when they wont eat.
Nancy momslave to Maggie, Bailey, Mabel and Daisy ATB

‎"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." — Dr. Seuss‎