[Dailydrool] Aggression and Prozac

Jane Hay via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Oct 25 04:30:25 PDT 2016

Ginger has always had aggression issues when it comes to food and strange
dogs. She has never offered to even growl at a person. We got a trainer
involved years ago and have been able to keep her under control for the
most part but, recently, her aggression has gotten worse. There is no
warning and she is vicious. The other day she went after Toby and really
tried to hurt him. I mean going after his throat, puncture wounds on his
face and she wouldn't let go when I grabbed her. Fortunately, I was headed
out the door to take Toby in for his annual check up so he got checked out
from top to toe and he's fine. We have been dealing with this for eight and
a half years (she will be 10 in December) and Gin has finally pushed me
over the edge. Had a long talk with my vet who is well aware of what she is
like (they have to clear the waiting room for us to come and go with her)
and we have started Prozac as a last ditch effort. If any of you have used
Prozac for your hounds, I'd love to hear about your experience with it and
if it worked. Our concern at this point is that she is going to really hurt
one of the other hounds worse than she did Toby. This houndette is breaking
my heart.

The hounds are sending get well and heart healing drool to all in need.

Jane, Toby & the Houndettes
Shadow, Suzy & Ginger