[Dailydrool] Dog on dog aggression

Dale rutz via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Oct 25 11:19:30 PDT 2016

So Snoopy is dog and food aggressive the main difference being his bites are completely inhibited.  It looks and sounds terrifying but in the end his victim is slime covered but otherwise unharmed. I've learned a few things over the years

1) it almost always involves food or me. Snoopy is jealous and wants the resource and lashes out.  Because I know this I can usually manage his emotions.  He is really a toddler in a furry suit

2) if there was going to be damage it would have occurred.   Humans cannot prevent a vicious dog from inflicting pretty serious damage if they get to their victim before you get to them.  Period. You can stop further damage sometimes but if they want to do harm and they get there they will.  The fact that Toby is fine according to the vet says a whole lot

3). There are hard feelings. Once Snoopy goes after Gracie she will mope for a few days. He seems to want to put it behind him and gets his feelings hurt that she continues to "bring it up". LuLu suffers no fools and if snoopy has been a jerk to Gracie recently she will stay between them and yell at Snoopy if he try's to get near Gracie.  LuLu will also run to them and yell her fool head off to make Snoopy stop if she hears trouble start and she can get to them before me.

4) it's  horribly stressful on the whole household.  Like walking on pins and needles. And that stress often causes further problems.

We sympathize and wish you all the best in settling your household down

Sincerely
Dale
With Snoopy (I'm an ass)
Gracie (he is an ass)
And LuLu (if he try's anything I'll kick his ass)