[Dailydrool] Basset "Cult" membership

Julie Canny via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Oct 26 13:03:20 PDT 2016

We, as humans owned by Bassets, belong to a "secret" cult.  At least it
feels like that.  I just got off the phone with a woman who has a 5 month
old Basset and goes to the same dog park as us, but not on the same
schedule.  She got my number from that woman that does my facials, Irena !
She'd heard about us (and the 4 hounds) from other people at the dog park.
Then she heard about us at the Vet (same vet).  Apparently she mentioned
this to Irena who told her just who we were!  Way too funny.

This lady had a Basset as a teenager and, now that she is retired, finally
got one of her own.  And the funny thing is.... from the same breeder as 3
of ours, hundreds of miles away.

MacKenzie, Gallagher, Guinness and Mulligan will be meeting Hannah a week
from Sunday at the dog park.  Hannah should be recovered from her "special"
surgery by then.  We talked for about half an hour.  Total strangers -
brought together by our special "cult".  I told her about the Drool!