[Dailydrool] Apoquel (thanks!)

Kara Carpenter via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Oct 31 04:54:19 PDT 2016

Thanks for the replies on the Apoquel, I feel better hearing it seems to be worthwhile.  I guess after 10 years of dealing with bad skin and itchies and pills and creams and shampoos and food, I was just skeptical.  In some of the research I read, many vets were suggesting doing blood work before starting the meds, so we did blood work Saturday morning (it had been a very long time since Fitz'd had blood work done anyway so while I was throwing down money I figured let's do it).  His T4(?) for thyroid is suggesting he may have hypothyroidism (further testing will be done today) which may really be at the root of his skin problems.  So either way, the Apoquel itself may help or may have inadvertently led us down the right path!Thanks again!  Kara, Rooney & Fitzy