[Dailydrool] From The Desk

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Oct 22 13:25:54 PDT 2016

MertaLou Professional Lady Basset, Invetgator and Huntress Supreme

Oh this is so very exciting! I have found my niche in Life I really have
yes.
Passing by the kitchen corner today I was struck by...what? A strange odor
so I stopped. I stared. My mental computer tried to categorize the smell
but could not and yet...yet it was vaguely familiar.

A kind of musty smell, just barely. Cold. A cold trail. I may be a Lady but
I have a nose and there I stood, pointed at the smell. The MotherPerson
finally arrived and said what ARE you doing? But I did not move.I stared.
Finally she said OH! and I pointed and she moved some stuff and got a
flashlight and the SMELL was really strong then and there it was! Something
called a MOUSE in a trap. I mean it was --- how shall I put this--
deceased, non-existent, no longer​ viable. By now Mr Conley had joined me
but I had it, I had it, I had that scent and now she pulls it out and oh oh
!! Oh my go---goodness!! DANGLES IT! I   get a real snooterful and she is
telling me oh I am so good I am so smart it is a mouse she says a mouse
smell the mouse get it get it (But of course she had no intention of
letting me have it, are you kidding? She is human after all, a sad state of
affairs in this case, certainly. I would have liked to ...liked to... but
no, not ladylike at all.
Ahem.
(Get a grip, girl)
SO it appears that my new job is House Mouser. I am so proud.

Cuddles and Snooter kisses from Ms Merta Lou
Professional Lady Basset
Investigator in Chief
Huntress Supreme

bgszap2 at gmail.com