[Dailydrool] Take the spot

Val lbrewerzwick via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Oct 7 19:54:08 PDT 2016

Hi Merta Lou, This is Mariah the Maraudah of Hawaii. I play "take the spot" also. It is great fun.  In the bedroom of my slaves, there are three favorite dog sleeping spots. One is on the human bed.  then there is a cushy dog bed on the floor at the foot of the bed. And another cushy dog bed wedged into the corner by the head of the bed, and that's all the space there is in the bedroom.

Now, we each have a favorite spot, and my two sisters each have one spot they will not sleep in, though the other two are okay.  I, on the other hand, will sleep in any of the three spots. Beginning to sound like an algebra problem? Or perhaps the exercise where you are ferrying a fox, chicken, and bag of feed across a river?  EXactly. Who says bassets aren't clever.

Ipo will only sleep at the foot of the bed or on the bed. She is phobic of being cornered and will NEVER go into a corner or small space. Her favorite spot is on the bed below the foot of the bed as it is closest to the door for a quick escape, but if blocked from sleeping there she is willing to sleep on the human bed nearest the door.  Mila has been well trained by her previous military family to NEVER get on furniture. SHe will sleep on either floor bed, but she particularly likes the bed in the corner.  I usually sleep on the human bed, but sometimes I like to play "take the spot".

On an ordinary night, I am on the human bed, Mila is in the corner, and Ipo is on the floor at the foot of the bed near the door.

Now, have some fun with combinations and permutations (or musical beds) and see what happens when I play "take the spot". If I take the corner and Ipo takes the floor end of bed, why Mila cannot sleep in the room. Mila plays too. IF she takes the floor end bed and I take the human bed, than Ipo is out.  Lucky me, I always get a spot.  flexibility and cunning pay!   MAriah

Val