[Dailydrool] Sir Winston

Ron Buries via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Sep 1 10:11:04 PDT 2016

Hi to all in drool land. It’s been quite some time since I last posted. Over 1 1/2 years ago I posted the passing of Barney. He had been in poor health for over a year and it when we
released him from his pain we decided that we would not get another basset because of our
age, and because my wife has allergies and basset dander exacerbated her discomfort.
Even though I made that agreement  I still had to have a basset in my life, so I volunteered  for
an outstanding basset rescue in our area, Basset Rescue of Southern California. From time to time as in any rescue they would get an influx of hounds and promptly  have them vetted at 3
Veterinary  hospitals they contract with. After they are vetted and cleared the hounds go either to foster , adoption or are kenneled at the Veterinary hospital. They are always in need of walkers, so I felt this would be a great way to keep my self busy and in contact with my love for bassets. I have had so much enjoyment walking these hounds, and yes I have seen some pass through that just melted my heart, and I would start thinking maybe,but I knew I couldn’t. I live across the street to a nice park and there were some hounds I would bring over for a walk on nice green grass and a calmer environment. I would introduce them to my wife after their walk
and she would make over them and then show us the door. I did this all in fun knowing that I couldn’t put her through any health problems. Just  over two weeks ago the last of my  hounds left for foster, so it looked like we hound walkers, Michael his wife Lisa and I would be boundless. We then received an E-mail from our walking coordinator  Jennifer, that a new hound was at our facility as an emergency pick up. A lady called our rescue and asked them to come pick up her basset before her husband killed him. They picked him up with in the hour.
to be continued…….