[Dailydrool] $5 Fridays and Debbie's Dawgs

Janet Marchlewski via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Sep 5 14:23:28 PDT 2016

Thank you Donna Lindy for all you do!! As a donor and foster home of a senior basset rescue, I appreciate and am thankful for it.

I've sent gifts to senior hounds. Before foster failing with Gertie, she received several gifts from her aunties through Debbie Dawgs.

As Gomer's foster mom, it brings tears to my eyes whenever he gets a package. It makes him so happy that he does a little dance. The old guy didn't have much before landing with Hounds Haven Basset Rescue. He was a stray taken in -  very sick stray hound. He loves gifts and especially his dog beds from his Debbie Dawgs aunties. He recently turned 13 years old. Not many people want to adopt an old dog. People tend to forget the seniors both 4 legged and 2 legged. This program (for lack of a better term) has been wonderful.  Thank you to the aunties that donated to Gertie (when she was my foster) and now Gomer.

I know the $5 Fridays has helped Hounds Haven Basset Rescue. Lately our adoptions have been down since we seems to take in seniors or medically needy middle-aged bassets. Dogs like Snoopy and Abel (while not seniors) needed costly medical care. $5 Fridays helped with HHBR with the care of our seniors including my foster Gomer.

Jan
Gomer's foster mom
Proud donor of Debbie's Dawgs $5 Fridays

P.S., I think Debbie Winchester would be pleased with the difference Debbie's Dawgs have made for senior dogs in rescues.

Sent from my iPhone