[Dailydrool] Sally's pumpkin pie and Morse's indelicacies

Pamela McQuade via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Sep 5 13:59:26 PDT 2016

Sally:

The way to make pumpkin pie really good is to have enough spices in it:
usually cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves give it a nice sweet but pungent
flavor. Other than that, the filling is pretty much a pumpkin pudding,
and isn't pudding typically British? And whipped cream (with a bit of
brandy, if you like) is a great topping.

Another nice touch is to add some ground, toasted nuts to the crust, in
place of a small amount of the flour.

If you want to try this dish again, let me know and I will send you a
recipe or two.

Becky:

If water is not at hand and the poops are loose, you may want to try
throwing some sand on them. My brilliant husband came up with this
method when the hounds hit the sidewalk (usually a neighbor's) instead
of the grass. It covers things over nicely. But maybe water will still
be better if it's by a place where people are eating!

Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets