[Dailydrool] From the Desk

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Sep 14 15:28:44 PDT 2016

​This is Ms Merta Lou Professional Lady Basset
just checking in.
Today the weather was lovely and so Mr. Doc and I spent a great deal of
time outside eating razzberries and hunting woodchunks.
Mr.Conley preferred to stay inside probably plotting how to next attack Mr.
Doc since he did it twice in the middle of the night and I must say this
young lady was shocked and--need I say--terrified.
Altho Conley has never done that to me.
The other day the MotherPerson got a very high tiny table out and lifted me
onto it. Ihave vague recollections of these tables and nothing good ever
comes of them. First she scraped me with some tool causing massive hair
fallout, and then---can you believe it?--- she had the audacity to think I
would allow her to trim my lovely black and shiny nails.
Well! I think not. I am a lady and prefer a professional pedicure.
So then she did the same to Mr. Doc only she used some kind of noisy thing
that buzzes and poor Mr. Doc he tried so hard to jerk his pretty little
black foot away but (I have to say it) the woman has a grip of steel...

Anyway I got my professional pedicure later but the price was exorbitant--
a pound of blood--MY blood, sucked out of me by some rabid Veterinarian.
HUmf.

Now I know. It will be a cold day before I wag at the question
"want to ride in the car?".

Love and Cuddles to those who need them
Merta Lou, Professional Lady Basset

bgszap2 at gmail.com