[Dailydrool] Thinking and plotting

Ann Hefner via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Sep 15 14:05:11 PDT 2016

I can't say whether any of my 16 prior bassets were
smarter than others or not, but our newest little girl
Ella who is a tri-color has definitely come up with
something none of the others have thought of. I have never
tried to establish a pecking order or head of the pack.
When I give treats I randomly give them out, first to a
different hound each time. They all line up and wait for
their name to be called and no one tries to get anyone
else's treat. Ella has figured that once she gets her
treat, she runs to the back of the line and waits for
another. I also know she likes to take her big cookies in
the house to eat them. I always pass those out outside
when I come home for lunch. Since she likes to take hers
back in the house to eat, the other day I just gave her
one inside and then went out with the others and passed
their cookies out. Well, there was Ella waiting for one.
She had quickly buried hers in the house and came out to
get another. After I passed out the other 5 and there were
no more left she turned and ran back into the house to get
the one she left behind. I guess you had to be there to
appreciate how funny she was. But she definitely had a
plan on both of those occasions.
Ann
anniebh at acsol.net