[Dailydrool] Bassets on TV

K. Green via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Sep 22 21:30:43 PDT 2016

I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but my mom just recently
subscribed to Hulu and was telling me about a comedy on there called
Difficult People. I haven't got a chance to watch it yet because I do not
have Hulu, however my mom told me all about it since the stars of the show
have two basset hounds. Has anyone seen it?

Well I did some online research trying to find out more about the basset
hounds and I found an interview with the main female star of the show,
Julie Klausner. When asked about great stories from the set, here is what
she said. I got a kick out of it as I'm sure you will too.

---
Interview question: Any really great stories from the set?

Answer: So my character has two basset hounds, and I love them both, but
one, we’ll say, is less trained than the other. So, there’s a scene in the
first episode where my character says she doesn’t like any fruit that isn’t
in proximity to crust or cream, and so my boyfriend gives me a dollop of
whipped cream and sends me on my way to the couch, and I put down the
whipped cream. And that was very exciting to Otis, the basset hound, who
tried to stray from the script and walk over and eat the whipped cream off
of the plate. So I did my best to keep doing the scene as at least one of
us was professional, and then finally I was like, we can’t use this because
the dog is literally just eating whipped cream. And honestly, if I was
smarter, I would’ve probably just kept rolling, because it’s better than
what we were actually getting. I mean, I’d watch a basset hound eat whipped
cream for like 25 minutes. But we cut, and then we were just like, ‘OK, we
need to figure out something else, because we know Otis is gonna do this
again.’ Like, Otis already knows the taste of whipped cream, he knows that
whipped cream is in the room, he knows that I’m gonna do this again, and he
knows where it’s gonna be. So we had to re-choreograph it so that I put the
whipped cream out of his reach in the next take. And, as the cameras were
rolling, Otis realized there was no whipped cream, and then went over to
the end table where the whipped cream used to be, and knocked over a lamp.
And then we had to cut the dogs from the scene entirely.
---

Sounds like a typical basset to me!! I can't wait to see the show.

Drool on,
Kacy with Cowboy and Rupert
Greenlikethecolor at gmail.com