[Dailydrool] Pumpkin

Pamela McQuade via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Sep 3 13:51:05 PDT 2016

I am sooo late on adding my bit on this subject, but if you cannot find
cooking pumpkins (which are very different from the carving sort), you
can use butternut squash instead. Cut it up, take out the seeds and
yuckies surrounding them, and put the squash in about an inch of water
(skin side up). If your microwave is large enough (or the squash small
enough), you can cut it in half. Otherwise do it in quarters or even
smaller. You may want to puncture the skin in a couple of places, to
allow steam to escape, if you only halve it. Cook in microwave until
tender. You may have to turn the squash once--I haven't done it in a
while, so I don't remember. When it is fully tender, let it cool a bit
and scoop the squash out of the skin. Mash it a bit, and it's ready to
be a dog-food topping.

Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets