[Dailydrool] Vestibular disease

melissa gibson via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Apr 3 09:21:25 PDT 2017

Hey Droolers,
My 13 year old Abe had an attack of vestibular disease about a month ago. All the sudden he had the head tilt and was circling and the n just collapsed. Of tho the emergancy vet we went and they gave him some meclazine for about a week. He had another much worse episode the next night at about the same time but then was perfectly fine the next day. Now this Sat he had another attack, pretty bad and has not recovered all weekend. I am keeping him pretty much crated and trying to keep the household calm and quiet(3 other dogs) His personality is there but he still has the head tilt and circling and  it will get better for a bit but then as soon as he is up walking around its back. Still has total control of his bowls. I know it says online may take a week or two to get better but the first episode a month ago resolved so quickly so I am a bit worried. Also he has an inner ear tumor that I think may be the culprit. Just wondering everyones thoughts and experiences. Thanks.

MelissaAbe, Buster, Tinker & Susie