[Dailydrool] Vestibular disease

via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Apr 3 20:31:31 PDT 2017

Hi, Melissa.

Our Scout had 3 episodes of vestibular. She never fully recovered, but she learned to compensate and lived to be almost 15. One episode was very bad, she couldn't move at all for a week. But she did gradually get better. She had the head tilt to the end of her days, but it was kinda cute. And she walked a little sideways, but she was able to navigate and we think she lived a happy life. Some days she was tippier than others. We would give her Meclazine on those days. We also became more careful about leaving things on the floor that could block her path or that she could stumble over. We all learned to manage.

Here's hoping for a good recovery for Abe.

Lois Leader, Emma the Aussie Basset Dog, Dobby the House Elf (with Bobo the Inhaler and Scout his Lab assistant watching from the Bridge.)
lois.leader at cox.net