[Dailydrool] The Glare

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Apr 6 06:09:20 PDT 2017

I did a painting of a horse head and a part of it is a (fanciful) blue eye.
It is sitting on the floor of my room leaning against a dresser where a
bunch of my stuff has lived until I can find yet another corner for it.
So this morning MertaLou hauled out one of her antler chews and lay down to
enjoy it and I, with my back to her, hear:
GNAw gnaw gnaw gnaw gnaw gnaw gnaw gn....gnaw....g...............
gna.......................................
and I turn to see what is going on. She is on the floor holding her antler,
her mouth open near it but not chewing. She has that hunched, protective
look dogs sometimes get and her head is turned to the side away from me.
I watch for several seconds before I see what it is that is bothering her:
the eye.
She is staring at the blue eyed horse's eye in deep consternation. Is that
eyeball staring at me? Is it going to take my antler? Is it challenging me?
I reach over and flip the painting so the back of the canvas is out.
Better?
Gnaw gnaw gnaw gnaw gnaw------yup.

MomPerson to MertaLou, Conley & Doc

bgszap2 at gmail.co <bgszap2 at gmail.com>