[Dailydrool] Shunning

Val lbrewerzwick via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Apr 21 17:20:32 PDT 2017

I gave the dogs all a bath today.  In the past, after a bath, the three (two bassets and a pitbull mix) would run laps around the house barking, nipping, and playing with one another.  It was a joyful occasion for all.  Ever since the pitbull mix asserted her authority as alpha, things have changed. The bassets continue to play with one another but refuse to play with the pit mix now.  Today was the first bath since the pit mix's takeover.  It broke my heart to see the bassets scampering joyfully with one another, but freezing and stopping all action whenever the pit mix approached, even though the pit mix was grinning and play bowing and rolling over on her back and grinning at the bassets  and asking to join in (hardly threatening or asserting in any way).  Do you think this will change or is this the new status quo? I feel sorry for the pit mix.

Val of Hawaii with Ipo (why won't they play with me?) and Mariah and Mila (Ha ha. Serves her right.)