[Dailydrool] Mariah updates

Val lbrewerzwick via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Apr 21 15:03:22 PDT 2017

ALoha, this is Mariah.  I haven't written for awhile, because, sigh, in my opinion, nothing very interesting has happened around here.  But I figured I'd update so you all would know I'm still here.  Being noticed is a top priority for me.

Well, our bed jockeying is finally settled.  All three of us sleep on mom's bed with her at night and no one snarks at anyone.  Mom can be fairly forceful about snarking if she's right on the scene.  The big privilege is which one of us can snuggle into the small of mom's back for the night (we sleep back to back), and the first one there gets the privilege. I usually win in the end, even if one of the other two starts the night there, because Mom flops around during the night and the other two don't like being disturbed, butt I don't mind re-adjusting. So in the morning it is usually me snuggled there.  Mom says we are better than any heating pad.

Secondly, my pit sister has learned there comes a price with asserting power and being the boss.  Both Mila and I now defer to Ipo--okay-- but we both also refuse to play with her anymore, and she loves to play.  Before Ipo was Queen, we played with her a lot and she loved it.  Now us bassets only play with one another and cut Ipo out.  Ipo is very sad about this.  And mom is sad for Ipo. But dad cautions her: "They are dogs, not children; let them work it out."  I say, "Ha ha ha--nahny nahny nanny--!!!"

So that is our news.  Love to everyone and Drool to all in need.

Mariah the Maraudah of Hawaii