[Dailydrool] What IS It With Bassets?

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Aug 10 09:29:26 PDT 2017

All my Bassets have eaten vegies and fruits along with meat, potatoes,
paper, rocks, sticks, petrified sandwiches under bushes, bugs and
unmentionables.
My Belgians eat dog food, meat, and pizza. Cooper used to spit out the
little black "vitamin" things in Blue Buffalo and he had certain brands of
wine he would not touch.
Mitchell, the only picky Basset was only picky about Eukanuba/Iams and
would not even eat treats from either, much less the food.
Merta Lou is cautious to the point of being paranoid about any new food or
treat, examining it carefully from every angle and then mumbling it in her
mouth before she decides.
Conley eats anything that doesn't get away first. He is a counter cruiser
of the first order and reserves a special place in his delights for butter.
He can reach amazingly high.
Doc likes toast edges and pizza bones but he would starve before he would
eat melon or berries or beans or peas or carrots or lettuce all of which
the Bassets adore. And asparagus, as I have remarked, holds a special place
as manna from heaven.

MomPerson to two omnivores and a picky thing.

bgszap2 at gmail.com