[Dailydrool] Gardens and Bassets

Jessica Rutan via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Aug 10 15:13:37 PDT 2017

I have always seemed to have special help from the bassets in the garden. My Maggie (ATB) was a tomato girl. OMDog that girl would eat my tomatoes before I ever got there. I decided to plant a yellow pear tomato plant just for her. She loved it and she got all the tomatoes from it just for her and I got the tomatoes from the other plants. To this day, Maggie's tomato plant is planted just for her. No one was interested until our Aristotle. He seems to like them.
Other items of interest from the garden:

Beans
Peas
Regularly dug up my potatoes if I was not watching and used them as balls
Basil plants
All my lettuce
Kale
Chard

Maybe it is just a talent?
I am at least not the only one who gets so much help. Next year the garden is going to the front yard behind a fence. Let's see how this works.

Jessica Rutan
jrutan at aubreydog.com