[Dailydrool] Amelia- vestibular

Karen McKenna via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Aug 18 15:54:29 PDT 2017

Hi everyone,
Amelia is 14+ and a week ago Tuesday we thought she was having a stroke. She couldn't get her feet underneath her. Drooling like mad. Panting. Head tilted way over.  Couldn't get a regular vet appointment so we took her to our local emergency vet as soon as they opened.
They said she wasn't having a stroke but had vestibular. They explained it as being like awful motion sickness. Her eyes were each rolling and it was horrible to watch. They sent us home with meds and said to follow up w her vet.
Our vet last Friday said she had ear infections which may have helped cause this and gave her some more meds to help if she was nauseated. She's all done with the meds. The head is still tilted which they did say would possible stay forever.
But the reason I'm writing is this. She isn't eating.  She'll eat rolls or cheese or chicken if we hand feed her. But she doesn't eat from her bowl. Anyone have any suggestions? Any experience with this sickness with any advice to share? Any info or help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Karen

Sent from my iPhone