[Dailydrool] Rusty's calendar day

Dawn Van Keuren via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Aug 20 05:14:49 PDT 2017

It is Rusty's day on the Daily Drool calendar! He is celebrating our slaves' anniversary as, well, an 11 year old basset boy. Snoozing.

This picture was taken as he rested up in the Mark Soifer park in anticipation of the walking Boardwaddle 2016. He made it the whole 1.8 miles and did it again this year. He did paws in 2017 to steal a kid's box of  French fries. I think that was pawsome, but the he slave stopped and got the kid a replacement. What did he expect, holding them at Basset height during a parade of hounds?

Rusty is my roommate of 9 years and an honorary member of my pack. My dawGter, Kick Ass Fanne Mae got her nickname the time Rusty thought it would be cute to mess with her. He snarked at her as she went past him. She nipped his ear with surgical precision and Rusty pouted on the couch the rest of the day. Now, they are good friends. He has learned. Chicks rule. Except he is the reigning BHROM King. You'll see that picture on his birthday, next year.

I think I will lick his ears in honor of the day. He likes that.  Rusty came through Penny Angels Beagle Rescue. Once a year he communes with his beagle peeps. Everyone at Penny Angels knows and loves him as a wannabeagle. He will take me to the beagle barbecue, in September.

Rusty says hi to Uncle Frank. He loves you.

Pawtunia