[Dailydrool] A friend needs some cheering up

mr knoll via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Aug 31 12:45:28 PDT 2017

PLEASE read my post,
There is a lady, Suzi Swanger is her name, I met via bassets about 10/11 years ago

She was in a horrible motorcycle accident about a month ago, and broke her leg in four places,one a compound fracture, she also displaced her knee cap to the back of her leg.yesterday, they removed over 130 stitches,
she is now in a rehab center near me for probably a month
Her boy Jakers,  is missing his mom and his momma is really missing him

I was wondering how I could go about getting a whole bunch of basset folks to send her get well cards.

Here is her address,

Heritage Place
Suzi Swanger
171 Heritage Way
Kalispell, MT 59901

Here is the story of Suzi and I
Back in March of 2005, on a Saturday, I was in north central Montana at a quilt store,
Dave was outside walking Molly Bob around, Inside I ran into a gal I knew back home
When we walked outside and when Colleen and her daughter saw Molly Bob, they both
got so excited, and at the same time said that they wanted a basset,
I stored that in my brain files,
the following Monday, Molly Bob's vet clinic called and said that a lady { Suzi Swanger}
had rescued a basset hound in her neighborhood, Okayed by the Animal Control officer,
however he said she should find a home away from his {Flash's] old home,
so they called me, being the only basset client at the time.
I immediately thought of Colleen from just a few days earlier
I called her and gave her all the info and left it in their hands,
The next day, Colleen called me and let me know that they were taking Flash as their own
Suzi was sad and let me know if I ever came across another Basset to let her know.
well about a year later, a quilting friend of mine that worked at our local community college.
two professors were going on a mission out of the country and needed to find a new home
for there 1 yr old basset Jake,
Light bulb flash, Suzi Swanger immediately came to mind,
I immediately called her and gave her all the pertinent info

The next day she called me and thanked me, she was getting Jake.
So two bassets connect us and yet, we have never met in person, until tomorrow when I will go visit her at the Heritage place.