[Dailydrool] Shrieking children

Val lbrewerzwick via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Aug 31 21:25:04 PDT 2017

Anyone have any good ideas how to simmer down hounds when three or four young neighbor children are shrieking and screaming nonstop at the top of their lungs next door?  I mean, really really shrieking. the kids are no doubt having a great time (no abuse), they are running around outside, but man are they ear-splitting and hysterical sounding.  Way wound up.  The dogs are beside themselves and either want to bark to tell the kids to pipe down, bark to join in the fun, or bark to alert the noise police.  I have the dogs inside, and all the windows and doors shut, but it's still loud and the dogs are a wreck.  THe neighbors on the other side object to the dogs barking. (I have no idea how they feel about screaming children).  I plan to load the dogs all in the car in a few minutes when I go to pick up my husband at work and hopefully the kids will be inside for dinner or bedtime by the time we return.  But others' solutions would be welcome.

Val