[Dailydrool] Phoebe Kai ATB

Wen houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Mon Dec 11 04:13:38 PST 2017

Last week, we thought our Phoebe had pancreatitis, her eating was off, and
while we treated her as she did, her eating did not improve, so on day 2,
she spent the day at the vet.  We found out her chest was filled with
cancer.  We hoped we would have some time with her, but the next day, she
took a turn down the road to the Bridge.  Last Thursday, we let her go,
after going into cardiac and respiratory distress.  How those 2 days turned
so quickly into this, I still don't get.  I am always amazed at how they
hide cancer so well from us, and only letting us know at the last moment,
they are ill.

Phoebe had been a part of the rescue for a little over 5 years and was
around 14 or 15.  She had a hard time trusting folks, and only let a few
privileged people love her, with pets and snuggles.  Many loved her from
afar, as she had that sort of face that pulls you right in.

She was found in Jacksonville, FL, in a park, living under some bushes.   I
am so happy we were able to let her live as a Queen, mostly on our bed, for
the last 5 years.

Phoebe, I hope we made up for the rough time you had in your life,  you
truly were loved and adored.

Thank you to aunties Glenda, Jill, Diane, and uncle John- for your love and
patience to wait for her love

Wen and the Bounders

houndsabound at cfl.rr.com <mailto:houndsabound at cfl.rr.com>