[Dailydrool] Martin Update

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 03:57:45 PST 2017

Just wanted to give an update on the latest going on around here. First
off, Beauford's cyst is healing nicely. I am rather surprised. I will not
be surprised if it comes back since we couldn't get the core out, but at
least he didn't have to under go surgery 2x in 2 months. I realize he is a
spring chicken at almost 9, but I still worry.

Browyn the Fairy Princess has been on another of her sleeping strikes. The
boys, DH and I were so sleep deprived that I dug out the ace and gave it to
her over the weekend so we could get a little sleep. I think it worked a
little for the humans. It kind of backfired for the boys. Browyn slept
through the night, but she was a total brat at nap time. So the boys didn't
get any naps. They are used to a really long nap in the morning and a good
2 hour nap in the afternoon. So, the boys are tired.

Which segways into Bugsey. When Bugsey gets tired he gets snippy. He went
to the toy box yesterday and dug out one of Browyn's puppy babies. He
carried it around with him all afternoon and evening and if either sibling
looked at it he growled at them. He looked really adorable carrying that
blue puppy around, but I of course don't find growling funny. The DH
confiscated it at one point and wouldn't give it back until Bugsey settled
down. He got some serious snuggle time with me yesterday. So , hopefully
that helps his mood a little bit.

If anyone has any great tips for getting a 6 year old hound to sleep
through the night, I am all ears. No, she doesn't have a UTI. She is crated
with Bugsey in a 30x48 inch wire crate which is huge for a 37 lb and 53 lb
hound. They have a lovely crate pad and blankets in there. They share a
room with Beauford who is in a 24x36 inch plastic crate. I have an air
cleaner going for white noise and to clean up the pollen in their room.
Bugsey and Browyn share a crate because Browyn cries constantly if she
can't sleep on top of Bugsey. Before we had Browyn, I had to fill Bugsey's
crate with stuffed animals so he could bed down in them. When I finally
figured out that Browyn needed to sleep with Bugsey, I was able to
eliminate a load of stuffed animal laundry. Now Bugsey just beds down with
his living animal. Anyway, we go through this every so often. Then best
thing I have found is to board them for a week. It seems to reset Browyn's
clock. Unfortunately, that isn't really an option right now. The vet is
full to the gills.

I hope all our Jewish friends are enjoying Hanukkah and all our Christian
friends are not going crazy getting ready for Christmas.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess
timandjenmartin at gmail.com