[Dailydrool] Conley Updates

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 13:44:12 PST 2017

Ok. Here's the scoop. When all this began we knew Conley had a serious
heart murmur and a valve prolapse. But he was acting so weird I thought
maybe something else was going on and I took him in for a chest rad and a
belly rad and we got no further than the chest. The Vet found a spot right
near the heart that appeared to be congestion and so she put him on Lasix
so he could pee excess fluid out.
But the regular Vet wanted follow up so I took him back and when he saw the
original chest xray he (and I ) thought it looked more like tissue-- like a
mass-- and that it was probably hemangiosarcoma.
Therefore, thinking that he had cancer,and a fast and aggressive cancer at
that, we spent a few very uncomfortable days before he went back yet
another time for an expert to do an ultrasound and that is what we did
yesterday morning.
And they saw---nothing of import. The "mass" we thought we saw was smaller.
The little spots on his spleen the same as they were back in March, no
bigger. All in all it was a good report that I got today.
NO CANCER! At least not hemangiosarcoma and not today.
The moral of this story is: Do not settle for "we think" when you are
diagnosing something serious. Go back and do it again with people trained
for that particular test. Your family Veterinarian may not really be
qualified to read an utrasound or examine that gob of tissue, no matter how
much you love him/her. Hopefully the Vet himself will want to find an
expert.
Pay the money. This is not a time to argue about cost. If ever you need to
spend it, it is finding out what is happening so that you can treat it
correctly and make truly informed decisions. I would rather pay to find out
that Conley is ok than spend one more day thinking he is not.

MomPerson (happy happy) to Conley. MertaLou & Doc

bgszap2 at gmail.com