[Dailydrool] Bugsey

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 03:32:44 PST 2017

Hi all. Bugsey is trying to give me gray hair. He is losing huge quantities
of hair. It is not in one spot, nor is there a pattern to it. It is evenly
thinning out. Neither Beauford or Browyn are shedding any where near as
much. Even more disturbing is he is losing muscle. So, off to the vet we
went. He is already on thyroid medication and it was just adjusted 3 months
ago and the adjustment left him on the high end of normal. We live in
Georgia, so you always have to worry about tick borne diseases, but he is
on Nexguard. I haven't seen a tick and he is tested for tick diseases when
they check him for heart worms. He is eating. His attitude has not
significant;y changed. He is not acting like he is in any pain. He is not
drinking more than normal. The vet says there is a virus that can cause
this. There are also some autoimmune things that can cause it as well. If
it is a virus, in 3-4 weeks he should be getting better and gain the muscle
back. Meanwhile, we are testing for autoimmune disorders. I almost forgot.
He is 7 years old and he hasn't lost any weight. I would really appreciate
it if you could send some prayers and drool our way. We should know more as
the autoimmune panel results come in. It usually takes a week, but with the
New Years  holiday it may be delayed a bit.

Meanwhile we wish everyone a safe New Years Eve and wonder 2018!

Jennifer with Beaford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess