[Dailydrool] Too soon or too Late?

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 00:29:19 PST 2017

Almost everyone says they would rather help a dog to the bridge a day early
rather than a day late and I am so different-- I much prefer to be a day
late, to give the dog that one extra day to convince me that it really is
time

Usually we've been together awhile, and the dogs know I am slow to accept
things. Certainly I am not going to allow a dog to continue in screaming
agony, but if we are just kind of limping along anyway, I will wait.

The point is, it is so personal a decision that we should never allow
ourselves to be stampeded into making a forever decision by anyone else,
not a spouse or a friend or even the Vet. (Mr. Biskit waits longer than I
do but we always come to agreement before it gets messy. )Each dog has his
or her own set of signals and every owner has his or her beliefs and
limits, so count on your dog to tell you, and on yourself to understand.

MomPerson to Conley Doc & MertaLou