[Dailydrool] Bloating

Kimlynne Lee via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Feb 1 17:21:12 PST 2017

Aloha,

My experience with bloating was not a happy one. I lost my precious Odell to post-op complications after surviving the surgery for a twisted stomach. After a morning walk on the beach, Odell came home and had his usual long drink at the water bowl. He normally drinks more air than water so a bloated stomach wasn't alarming. However, he soon bloated up twice his usual girth. I looked for Gas X but none in the house. I finally decided Odell was too uncomfortable and called the doctor. She told me to rush Odell to the hospital. They took Odell out of my arms before I could get out of the car and started prepping him for surgery.

This is my long round about way of saying, unless you are a trained medic please don't try to remedy a bloated stomach from home. I lost my Odell from complications of a twisted stomach. I don't want anyone else to suffer through this pain of feeling guilty that I waited an hour trying to reduce the bloating myself before taking Odell to the doctors.

Kim

Sent with Basset Drool