[Dailydrool] Famotidine and bloat

Joanne Coorlas via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Feb 1 22:11:34 PST 2017

Has anyone been prescribed that famotidine, which I think is the active ingredient in Pepcid, be given to their dog who has bloated in past? Hazel takes 20 mg every morning. Would somethicone be better?

I also poured at lest half a bottle of liquid simethicone for babies down Hazel's throat the night she bloated (at this point I wasn't positive she was bloating, had never experienced it, but I had a bad feeling. I can't say for sure but it may have saved her, by allowing me to get to the ER before she actually bloated.. While we waited, her stomach suddenly ballooned. I could not believe how fast that happened! She did end up with her stomach twisting, so she had emergency surgery

Joanne momma to Hazel June- a very lucky girl

Sent from my iPhone