[Dailydrool] Bringing Them Home One Last Time

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Feb 10 00:52:57 PST 2017

​I understand completely Nancy's visceral response to having brought home
Speedy's ashes.
This is how I have always felt, and yet it sounds so ridiculous to someone
who has not had to do it that I rarey mentioned it.
There is something comforting about bringing the ashes home and I have
always felt cheered and completed by doing so.
I do not know what other people think but the idea that a beloved dog (or
cat or horse or husband) is home, is in some weird way safe, and is no
longer in pain, or incapacitated, or needing that final step is very upbeat.
My responsibility is over, perhaps, but it is complete.

MomPerson to Warf(ATB), Walker (ATB) Quiller(ATB) Mitchell(ATB) Zelda(ATB)
Cooper(ATB) Nigel(ATB) Llewis(ATB) (Ambulance & Arsenal & Beemr the Cats
ATB)
Doc, Conley & MertaLou