[Dailydrool] Good Morning from Basset Rescue of MT>

Leslie via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Feb 10 06:38:48 PST 2017

We read the Daily Drool each morning along with my first cup of
coffee.....so glad that tradition is still here.  Busy with our
reorganization/uplifting status of our 18 year old organization. I
actually started saving BAssets in the late 1990's when Donna Owens
wanted to quit.   New ideas, new folks, new encouragement....all are so
wonderful to have starting with this new year.   The Backroads of
Montana.......a PBS station is waiting for the perfect time to do a
story on Basset Rescue of Montana.....but it will have to wait till
Spring comes. lol Shelter has been intermittently closed and dogs housed
in house with me here due to huge amounts of snow, packed snow on kennel
roofs, and only 2 ft wide shoveled snow paths to walk from a gate to
kennel door.   Volunteers came to help 2x but then it just snowed again
and again and filled most of the Bassets' paths up.Without paying
attention like I should of : one step and I sunk about 3 ft. into a
bank.  I am 5 ft 4inches.   I was stuck! Had to call over Chief , grab
hold of his collar and try to manipulate myself out.  Took a while but I
did it.  Would of been a rather funny video!!

Trying just to move forward after Grandpa left for the bridge and
concentrating on our reorganization has helped tons.  In honor of every
senior out there, and "for" every senior out there.....I focus, I think,
I trust, I encourage,I try harder, I'm here for them.   We rescue all
ages and they are so precious, but seniors take that special corner of
your heart.

At this time we would like to again let Donna Lindy know that her work
incorporating Debbie's Dawgs will be a Godsend to  501 Rescue
Organizations all over the U.S.  I know many are associated with all the
work and a huge Thank You is meant for every single one of those special
people who have been there to help.  We received so much love and
happiness when all those Chewy.com boxes arrived here at the ranch.
Thank you to all of you for all the items from bullysticks to diapers,
etc.  Thanks to all of you we have Glucosamine for joint problems, soft
treats for seniors with only a few teeth left, etc .   I dislike blanket
thankyous but  sadly this month is all I can muster up .  Loosing one of
your best friends takes ones breath away for longer than a day.

One Howliday CArd just a while ago came from the Foxhovens and Iowas
Hounds. Thank you!  Loved the photo. Reminded me of years ago when I
used to travel with my RV and stop at rest stops along the way driving
to the Droolapalooza in Washington. I would get out and walk our 6
rescues.....3 on each arm.  HOLY Cow... cannot do that now at all.  Now
walking one Basset is the limit. lol lol    Thankyou for your card.

NEW rescue BAsset mix coming into rescue: 3 year old bronze beauty .
Her name is Molly. Left outside without care, not spayed and of course
had babies, major medical issues and thank dog a women with a heart
grabbed her out of the landscape and saved her and called us.  More on
Facebook.

Thank you "to you all" for being so supportive and kind and caring.
Healing Drool from all of us to all that need an uplifting note of
encouragement and DROOL...which is one of the best all time cures.

most sincerely, Leslie Ames  President of Basset Rescue of MT>
bassetrescuemt at gmail.com

https://www.facebook.com/bassethoundrescue