[Dailydrool] Keeping Them Home

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Feb 11 03:35:08 PST 2017

​This thread of bringing home ashes brings to light another question: where
do you put them?
Several of mine are in beautiful hand-blown glass urns, a couple are still
in the tins, one is in a box....but before that, I had boxes. Tins inside,
or bags but little white boxes.
And they were here
and there
and not marked in any appreciable manner.

And so it was that Mr. Biskit and I for some reason were doing a deep clean
out here and it required moving things out of the room and so I began
finding, as we went, the boxes. Here was Zelda, here was Mitchell--you get
the idea.
And here is.... here is......wait. Here is...? How many do you have there?
And I have... so who is this?
I am holding a white box, with something in it but I do not know who it is.
Did a child entrust me with one of theirs? No...not that I recall. Ok well
there is nothing to do but open it and see if it is marked. How could I
have FORGOTTEN one?
And so the lid opened and there indeed was a bag of white ashy looking
stuff, and as I lifted it out of the box looking for a tag I realized I
held in my hands a pound of white chalk, used in the distant past for
chalking Basset chests and legs before showing!
So mark your boxes, ladies and gentlemen, lest you lose track and think
your mind has flown.

MomPerson to Doc, Conley & MertaLou

bgszap2 at gmail.com