[Dailydrool] Welcome home, Duncan. Farewell, our Scout.

via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Feb 13 18:16:25 PST 2017

I'm so happy that Duncan has found a forever home with Nancy, the DH, and Rambo the Shar Pei. Reading about his homecoming gave my spirits a much needed lift.

We said goodbye to our beloved Basset, Bobo, a few months ago. Yesterday his dear Lab assistant, Scout, joined him at the Bridge. These two were a very bonded pair; together since puppies. A Mutt and Jeff combination, Scout eventually towered over Bobo, but always deferred to her slightly elder brother. She would copy him, even so far as to attempt a feeble "ahroo" at dinnertime.

Our house is very empty now. The little house elf, Dobby, (chihuahua mix) wanders around looking forlorn. We are all forlorn.

But reading about Duncan's homecoming reminds me that the dogs we need will always find us.

Lois Leader, Bobo the Inhaler (ATB) and Scout his Lab assistant (ATB) together forever, and Dobby the House Elf, all by himself.
lois.leader at cox.net