[Dailydrool] A week with Duncan part 1

Nancy Candray via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Feb 20 08:55:35 PST 2017

Duncan, oh Duncan. He's a charmer and knows this very well. His goal in life is to get petted and belly rubbed by anyone and everyone. Yesterday we had to run to get him a collar and name tags so we took Duncan with us. Every person he met he sat right down at their feet and looked deep into their eyes making strangers hypnotized into giving out the belly rubs.

Duncan also sleeps - a lot. The DH thinks it's the stereotypical basset behavior of doing nothing all day.  I think he's giving us time to show himself. As the week progressed I caught him doing naughty stuff. He tried to steal pizza on pizza night. But he left it when I told him "no". He actually had the look Thumper had when he meet the girl bunny- standing still while just his eyeball moved to look at me. I was cracking up inside. On Saturday he stole my daughter's little people play house chandelier and was chewing away happily before I pried his jaws open. I gave him a treat afterward for letting me. He proudly ran around showing everyone before he went outside to enjoy it by himself. I maybe nuts but I can't wait until Duncan shows more of his naughtiness. It's one of my favorite parts of owning a basset.

Nancy with Duncan and Rambo the Shar Pei