[Dailydrool] A week with Duncan part 2

Nancy Candray via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Feb 20 09:04:11 PST 2017

Duncan and Rambo are beginning to get along. Monday we did have a spat as Rambo thinks it's ok to hump others. Duncan wasn't having it and let Rambo know it. After that Rambo gave him wide berth.

On Wednesday Duncan declared peace by giving Rambo a big kiss on the nose. Rambo didn't know how to take it at first. But later that day Rambo barked his normal bark which I hadn't heard since Speedy went to the bridge. He also started playing again showing he was moving out of his depressive state.

Saturday Rambo and I were playing fetch and Duncan seemed as if he wanted to join but has either never played fetch before or was thought it was a pointless game because he followed Rambo but didn't bother picking up the toy.

Sunday morning we caught Rambo and Duncan sharing a bed. Later that day Duncan had a bath which of course isn't complete without a round of the basset 500 - oh how I've missed that- with Rambo at his side. I believe this is going to be the start of a beautiful friendship.

Nancy with Duncan and Rambo the Shar Pei