[Dailydrool] Ongoing stomach problems

Sally King via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Feb 22 22:53:46 PST 2017

Rolph, who is now 12. has always been prone to stomach problems. These have usually been down to him stealing things he shouldn't and swallowing them whole.
Two weeks ago, he became very ill, vomiting, not wanting to eat and clearly dehydrated. Luckily, my vet runs a Sunday morning surgery, so off we went and Rolph was admitted to be put on fluids. After 12 hours they called to say I could pick him up. He hadn't vomited and had eaten some chicken. My gut told me he wasn't better, but home he came.
He continued to be lethargic and not bothered about his food for a coupe of days, then bucked up - at roughly the same time I found a large turd containing A PAIR of socks in the garden.
When he had come home from the vet, I started feeding him chicken and rice. When he bucked up I added a small amount of his usual kibble. Straight away he had the squits, so we went back to the rice. Since then, every time I have tried to re-introduce kibble, or even pumpkin, he has gone downhill again. He is hungry and wants his food, but this morning he woke me by vomiting and he only had the chicken and rice yesterday.
I am getting a bit worried about his nutrition, We are going back to the vet tomorrow - but I wondered if anyone has met this before or has any ideas?
With much drool to all who need or want it.
Sally, with Rolph and Clara, UK