[Dailydrool] Dudley needs some drool

Joanna Schofer via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Feb 26 15:09:04 PST 2017

I don't post often, but I have a Basset problem.  I took my Basset Dudley in
to the vet for a pre-screen for a dental cleaning.  I had a blood panel done
and his liver numbers were higher than they should have been.  The vet says
this is common in dogs with lots of tartar, but she suggested a special test
to check the liver function.  So we had that done and it was abnormal!
Dudley is around 5 and a half.  He is a rescue and was a stray originally.
He was super picky when we got him, and I tried every food.  Finally I
switched him to RAW.  He then gained weight and became more energetic.  So
the vet thinks he may have had issues with his liver for all his life.  We
are having an Ultrasound done Thursday.  I am so worried.  Anyone else have
any thoughts or experience?  He is super healthy and active otherwise.  He
does not seem sick at all.
Joanna and Dudley in Vancouver