[Dailydrool] Our First Basset

Sally Russell via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Feb 27 07:58:08 PST 2017

His name was Flash and he was pure bred.  He came to us in 1978 at the age
of 8 weeks from a breeder in Miami,  Our 8 year old son chose him out of a
litter because he was the only one smart enough to go behind a rock to get
out of the hot sun.

I had always wanted a basset ever since a children's book I had at around
the age of ten.

Flash was a smart and terrific dog.  We had not realized until much later
that he came from a line of champions.

Flash lived to almost 17 and we even had a" Sweet 16"  party for him to
which we invited friends with dogs as well as our vet.  Will never forget
that night, as while Flash was literally tearing the wrapping off of a
present he was given, we found out that Hurricane Andrew was going to hit
Miami within two days.  We all had to end the party and scatter to the
groceries.

Our Flash planted the basset love seed in us so that we have been honored
to have been owned by:  Shirk, Truffle, Pixel and now our wonderful Browser
who will be 14 in June.

We have diversified with a rescue Shih Tzu, Sprite.

Sally and Bert Russell