[Dailydrool] Our first basset

Ann Hefner via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Feb 27 13:50:49 PST 2017

I had sent my story directly to Riche, but seeing that
everyone is posting here I will reprint:

My husband saw Bruno on TV. He was pet of the week. Hubby
said we need to get him. I said we already have a dog we
don't need 2. The next morning he went to the shelter and
there was another man trying to adopt Bruno. Hubby said we
don't have a fenced yard. Bruno will be a house dog and we
will walk him on a leash The lady picked Hubby instead of
the other man. This would never happen these days. Rescues
rarely let people adopt if they don't have a fenced yard.
Bruno was 8. His family moved and couldn't take him. That
was the beginning of many rescues. We just got our 17th
hound.
Ann