[Dailydrool] Fearful Dogs

Jennifer Martin via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Feb 21 04:25:54 PST 2017

Sorry I am so late chiming in on this. If you really do have a dog that is
scared of everything, you really do not get to use any negative
reinforcement. As explained to me, it increases your chances of your dog
turning into a fear biter. You really don't want that. So, you have to look
for any little thing that is done properly and calmly provide reinforcement.

There are dogs that fear absolutely everything and then there are dog
lacking in self confidence. In my experience at least, I prefer the ones
lacking in self confidence. Browyn the Fairy Princess falls into this
category. She just does a lot better when she has a brother around to boost
her confidence and let her know that she is on the right track. Fortunately
the boys are willing to do this. Bugsey more so than Beauford at this point
in their lives. Beauford was much more patient with her when she was a
puppy. Bugsey was still a puppy of sorts. So, another dog can be a huge
help as long as one of them has some confidence.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess