[Dailydrool] First basset

Laura Salmon via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Feb 28 17:08:04 PST 2017

My husband and I were in Petco buying dog and cat food for our elderly black lab and equally elderly cat.  It was pet adoption day and I glanced in the cages and there was a purebred basset.  The pet adoption cages were next to the grooming area.  I said to a clerk, "The basset is here for grooming, right?" He said, "Oh no, he's up for adoption."  I frantically waved my husband over and showed him.  My husband grew up with basset and loves them.  He looked in the cage and said, "Let's take him out." I told him, "If you take him out he's not going back in."  And that was Geoffrey -- a wonderful boy who we miss every day.  Laura Salmon