[Dailydrool] First Basset

Marilyn Briggs via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Feb 26 15:06:09 PST 2017

Ok. Hate to admit it, but we bought a bassador puppy. I had researched dog personalities, and decided a basset would fit our family. Single Mom with 2 boys. Only one I could find was a basset/black lab mix. Back in the 80's. Kids named her Cujo, because movie popular at the time. She was simply the best dog ever. Started my basset love. Cujie Woogie. She was my baby. Fast forward. I walked her at a school, and another person who also did had deaf dogs. One day, she said "Thank God you are here, there is a mix in the shelter that looks just like her, you have to get him". So we got Bruno. Not sure if he as basset or doxie something mix, a little smaller, but also a love. He had seizures. Vet thought from being a stray and maybe drinking antifreeze.

After that, it was bassets and mixes. Have to admit, I do love the mixes. Then started working with the local rescue. Had 5 bassets at a time. Would walk them at a local equestrian park, and get sled dog team comments. Interesting they all walked well together. Currently have a older basset and a Forever Foster blind, diabetic beagle. She is a rocket and he is an anchor. Harder to walk them than the five.

Marilyn Briggs
marbriggs at comcast.net