[Dailydrool] Fireworks

Val lbrewerzwick via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Jan 1 00:14:58 PST 2017

We are doing okay with the fireworks tonight.  Unlike Harley and Bo ATB, both of whom violently trembled and hyperventilated and all but passed out around fireworks noise, our current basset girls, Mariah and Mila, are a bit uncomfortable with the explosions but not terrified.  Ipo, the pit mix, is more anxious about it all and earlier this evening was basically sitting on my shoulders panting as I sat in a chair (and it is early here yet).  We have closed all the windows and drapes and turned up the TV.   maybe an hour ago, much to our amazement, Ipo the claustrophobic, decided she would venture into a small bathroom off the bedroom (for the first time ever. She avoids small enclosed spaces and never risks being tapped). she found it soothed her.  Now Ipo  is in my closet--something I would never have predicted given her claustrophobia--and is resting without panting, though her eyes are open watching me.  I am on my bed with the computer, with the bassets gathered around me on the bed and Ipo in the closet next to the bed,the closet is next to the bed).  for the moment no one is freaked out.  It is still two hours until midnight here, but this is the least anxious new year!s eve I can recall in years.

 and it is Mila's gotcha day.  she came to temporarily stay with us three years ago today and is now a permanent resident, and the senior ranking dog in the household both by age and length of residency. HAppy gotcha day, Mila.

Val of Hawaii with Mila, Mariah, and Ipo