[Dailydrool] Bidding "Hastings" a fond Aloha

Kimlynne Slagel via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Jan 11 20:35:24 PST 2017

Dear Droolers,

     So many of you were kind enough to contact me to give me advice and
guidance on how to work with "Hastings" when he displayed symptoms of what
we were hoping was Vestibular disease.  Thank you.  I'm sadden to report
that it wasn't Vestibular disease but several brain tumors.  We said "good
bye" to our dear sweet "Hastings".  He came to us just little over 6 years
ago.  We were fortunate enough to be selected as his adoptive parents from
the Arizona Basset Hound Rescue.  There we found Rilea Stober-Beasley a
dear generous foster mom that was willing to care for "Hastings" for 5
months while we waited for "Hastings" then "Walter" to clear quarantine
requirements (Hawaii is a rabies-free zone) and then put him on a plane
early one Friday morning for a 5 hour flight to Honolulu.  We feel so angry
that Hastings was taken from us.  He was such a good boy.  He didn't have a
mean bone in his body. Never growled or snapped at another dog, cat, horse,
mailman, doctor, anyone.  He was just the sweetest boy.  I will miss him
terribly.  Thank you Droolers for allowing me to process the grief with you.

Aloha,

Kim